Welcome to 99math, we are very happy to have you in our community!
What is 99math?
99math is a social practice platform for 1st - 12th grade teachers to accelerate results and save lesson time.
It takes 1 minute for the teacher to set up the game and kids can join on any device that has a browser. That is all that is needed for kids to start progressing and having fun in math - no student accounts needed. And as a teacher you will get powerful insights that help you understand what needs focus and see the progress of your students!
How to play 99math as a teacher?
If you haven't yet, take a moment to create your account on 99math.com as a teacher. It's all free.
This is your teacher dashboard
Dashboard is the first thing you see once you sign in and it's where you start creating games from. You can always get back here either by clicking on our logo in the product.
Create a game to start playing with you students
1. To create a game you must first choose a topic that you want to practice.
All topics are developed and verified by math teachers.
2. After you have made your choices for the topic, we show you in "Example problems" what kind of questions the students will see in their devices.
All tasks are automatically generated for you so you don't need to spend time preparing materials.
4. Once you are happy with the topic press the "Play LIVE" button on the right side of the page to proceed.
5. When choosing the Live game mode you are ready to invite your students to the game via game code.
You can send the game code or link to your students or share your screen to them to show the on screen join instructions.
Students use their device to go to join.99math.com and enter the game code to you just received after creating a game. After entering the code, students are asked to enter a name - this can be a nickname, their first name or however the teacher is able to identify the student. Then choose an avatar they like. And now the students are the game and ready to play!
6. After the first Live game with at least 4 students you will unlock another feature Individual practise.
We have two game modes:
Play LIVE - Play together in a classroom or video call. Most engaging experience. If you can, start the game experience for students with this! To learn more about how to play live games, click here
Individual practise - Send practice assignments. Use this mode to have students train on their own time. Then get them together in a live game.
Both game modes leave the control to you, as the teacher decides how long the games will be for the kids. This way you always know how much time is needed.
7. When choosing Individual practise you pick a skill or several skills for students to practise at home or at school to enjoy self-paced game. Then share the game code or send students the link to join the game.
8. Students play with excitement
Students will always see questions in their own device, no need to worry if everyone can see your screen or are able to read from the back of the classroom.
You will see the excitement on kids' faces and they will ask to play the game again.
8. After the game, you get powerful insights from the game report
In the report you can see how all the students did, where they made mistakes and what is the overall skill level for the class in the particular topic. This report is always automatically generated for you and only you have access to it.
9. Now you are ready to start playing regularly
We have seen an average of 50% increase in students skill level in just 2 weeks. The games are designed to be engaging for children on any level in math, because playing with friends makes practicing math more fun! Leaderboards, badges and other gamification elements are fine-tuned to get kids eager to advance. And there is no limit on how many games you can create as a teacher!
Create your first game here: 99math.com/host